Thank you to several ministers, MPs and political secretaries



From Bentong, the two stateless cases were brought to my attention recently. Their cases were submitted to the office of Minister of Home Affairs, Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail. 

Both his former and present political secretaries, Tn Johari Kassim and Tn Yahaya Shaari have been most helpful in solving the cases of stateless people submitted to the minister's office. 

Light at the end of the Tunnel

Several of the stateless cases have been solved, and the latest news came just two hours ago from a gentleman from Bentong. He and I have never met, but I am glad the Home Ministry has issued the family a letter granting citizenship for one of the two children. 

We are hoping the girl's brother will also receive her application approved. Both applications were submitted back in 2018. Between then and now, it has been six years of silence.

I must say this is all about the political will I see in the Madani government. I write this for the sake of those who are still skeptical about the unity government. 

I have seen cases being solved in record time. Another young lady from Sarawak also received her temporary IC after it was highlighted to Tn Johari. Same with this other case, where the family together with the young girl are able now to visit Miri after nearly 10 years of being unable to return to Sarawak. 


All credit should go to the unity government, in particular Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution, his political secretaries, Tn Johari Kassim and Tn Yahaya Shaari, YB Hannah Yeoh and YB Lim Lip Eng.

At the same time I must mention that both Lim (former Segambut MP) and Hannah (currently the Segambut MP and a cabinet minister herself) have been consistently helping with a number of the cases I was handling.

In fact, I should say that ministers and elected representatives have an important role in solving the problems of the people, not me. If problems faced by the people are brought to their attention, but they just ignore, people will just snub them. 

Of all the Home Ministers that I have dealt with, Saif is the only one I see who has a heart for the stateless people. He set his priorities based on the needs on the ground, not his own personal agenda. Bravo! 

My role? I am just an ordinary Malaysian and a conduit used by Him to help solve the longstanding problems experienced by the people on the ground as and when these cases are brought to my attention. 


Please Set Aside Your Skepticism

I do this with whatever little time I have left for me, as I am a cancer survivor and I have to take care of my own bread and butter first.

Redeem your time. If you have been so skeptical about what the unity government is attemting to do, please be part of the solution yourself. You need to give them time to solve the rot that you and I have in fact tolerated for over 50 years.

My happiness comes from seeing people's problems being solved. Yours is through knowing that someone’s problem is now solved. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Jalan Palestin....

Singaporean commentator: "Anwar is making all the right decisions"

Exercise some critical thinking before accusing Hannah Yeoh or the Selangor State Government of nepotism